Hey, it’s Duck Website. Currently, these are the different projects.
- Duffer the Duck. The original. An adventure tale of sorts, like a stupid man’s Tintin.
- Metaduck. A surreal and sprawly strip. Likely to veer out of control at any moment.
- Why I Otter! A silly gag strip.
Many ideas and characters go way back to my adolescent toon-drawing days in the 80s. Sometimes, there’s some crossover between the projects, which is fun. I do it all for my own amusement with no audience in mind, so keep your expectations low. Updates are infrequent, and there is no regular update schedule. I’m really selling this thing, right?
A lot of this stuff ends up being kid friendly, but no guarantees. Supervise your dang kid.
REMEMBER THERE’S A HYPHEN IN THE URL OF THIS SITE. Thanks.
- Dick Tracy, Donald Duck (esp. Barks and Rosa), Little Orphan Annie, Mickey Mouse (esp. Gottfredson), Thimble Theatre/Popeye (storytelling/adventure/continuity; I prefer full stories to gags)
- Krazy Kat, Little Nemo, Polly and Her Pals (surrealism, sheer artistic ambition: Krazy Kat taught me the full-page spread)
- Pogo (all strips with talking animals owe a lot to Pogo, whether they know it or not)
- Smokey Stover (background gags)
- Tintin (a combination of all of the above, plus precision)
- Homestar Runner (not a comic, but continuity gags and callbacks)
Some great present-day comics
- Alex Norris’ Dorris McComics and Webcomic Name
- Hobo Lobo (I don’t understand this, but let’s hope it’s the future)
- KC Green (currently He Is a Good Boy)
- Mutts (I only wish I could draw such a consistently charming comic)
- Ruben Bolling (esp. Super-Fun-Pax Comix, a good example of how an artist can produce an insane amount of variety)
- Perry Bible Fellowship
- Sarah’s Scribbles
- Scary Gary
- The Oatmeal