- In the mid-1980s, I invented a comic called “Duffer the Duck.”
- This site contains strips under a variety of titles. All are vaguely within the “Duffer the Duck” universe.
- Duffer is a good-hearted young duck with a multitude of friends and family in the animal world. Beyond that, anything can happen. There’s no consistent setting, style, or plan to this strip. That’s intentional: I like to keep my options open.
- Updates will be irregular.
- I give a rating to each strip. Much of this site is kid friendly. Some isn’t.
REMEMBER THERE’S A HYPHEN IN THE URL OF THIS SITE. Thanks.
- Storytelling: Little Orphan Annie, Gottfredson’s Mickey Mouse, Thimble Theatre/Popeye, Tintin
- Art: Krazy Kat, Little Nemo, Polly and Her Pals
- Gags/puns: Homestar Runner, Maximumble, Perry Bible Fellowship, Smokey Stover, Super-Fun-Pax Comix/Tom the Dancing Bug
- Absurdity: Buttersafe, False Knees, Jake Likes Onions, Moonbeard, Pokey the Penguin, Webcomic Name
- More regular reading: Buni, Junior Scientist Power Hour, Murrz, Mutts, Nathan W. Pyle, The Pigeon Gazette, Sarah’s Scribbles